After a busy two weeks I can finally let the dust settle simply just a little bit in my workshop once again. Everyone has been questioning what my newest challenge that I have been working on is so now I can convey it out of my little shop into the light of day. I talked with my buddy Steve Hamer on the QC Co-Lab about building a blimp for the maker space in Davenport a month or two in the past. We have now numerous empty house to fill up so I designed this one which might be on the show once I make my subsequent trip to the maker space.
The blimp took me around three days to design and the following ten or so days to construct. With the help of my now trusty CNC machine and the MakerBot 3D printer on the Co-Lab it saved me a ton of work and all in all the components went collectively as planned. So check out the photos of the construction here and depart a remark or two on what you consider another certainly one of my creations.
- Create a standard domain person account, and make sure you memorize its password
- 12745 still works
- You are single and only have one job
- Be clear, not cute. Clarity trumps persuasion
- Google Maps Widget
- Remote and native digital volume control
- A laptop with an integrated 802.11b/g card is unable to connect to any wireless networks. The
- Other RSS Tools – Alternative instruments for artistic site owners
This is likely one of the ten rings that needed to be lower on the CNC machine. I used an board which is barely .20 inch thick. Nice stuff to work with. Listed below are all the rings to reduce out and laying on my residing room ground. Total time at this point was around 5 hours work. I like the fact that the accuracy of the CNC machine in making the slots for the outer spars made this challenge possible.
These odd-formed items are the mounts for the 2 radial engines that you will see being constructed subsequent. Cut little radial engines don’t you think? These were printed on the Makerbot 3D printer one-half of an engine at a time. Time to make each engine was round 40 minutes. Not to bad contemplating the time it would take to make these by hand in wooden. Would be an actual pain to attempt for certain. Here are the entire components that I reduce out for the blimp utilizing my CNC machine.
These intricate-looking items make up the gondola for the blimp. The white colored piece is the plastic ground. I used to be actually completely happy that these parts turned out in addition to they did. The floor was a nice touch to the model to a place in a bit extra element. Here the radial engines, prop spinners, and engine cowls are laid out.
The engines have a small bolt that runs by means of the center of every engine with a rubber washer that will be used to hold the prop disk off of the cylinders. The engine cowls were then glued to the engine mounts. I just like the contrast in colors of the white, silver, and red with this set up.
The prop disks, prop spinners, and radial engines had been then glued into the engine mount assemblies utilizing epoxy resin. The clear disk I cut on the CNC machine which once more saved me so much of the labor to get excellent. I just like the look with the disk in this picture because it offers you a nice effect of a spinning prop. Another good shot of the radial engines and mounts. I left these assemblies sit overnight time to dry so the whole lot can be bonded nice and sturdy. These two interesting pieces are the nose and tail mounts for the eight spars that make up the shape of the blimp.
The larger piece on the left took an hour and a half to print on the Makerbot 3D printer. Again one thing that could be greater than a little bit difficult to make by hand and get the accuracy that is needed. Now the painting begins. I laid down quite a lot of paper in my basement workshop to spray these and all the rest of the parts. After getting the job carried out I think I should have papered the whole basement. I had paint dust over spray all over the place.