I have been without internet for THREE days. An outage happened in my area and Comcast was not able to come out until yesterday. So frustrating. Who can blog from their phone? Not me. While I was waiting, I was making and eating these Cream Cheese Pear Bars. I bought some pears and nobody had eaten them. I knew I had to make something with these beautiful pears. I decided on a recipe I’ve had in my to-make list from my friend Leslie at A Spoonful of Everything blog. I had been wanting to try her Pear Custard Bars forever and now was my chance!
I decided to use a gingersnap crust for the bars and use fresh pears instead of canned. I sprinkled a little bit of nutmeg atop my bars and Cream Cheese Pear Bars were baking in my oven. They were as delicious as I imagined they would be. I wish I could say that I stopped at one. If you make them, I suggest having company or you will eat them all by yourself! I
hid shared them with my family and when they found them in the back of the refrigerator tasted them, they agreed that this recipe was a definite keeper.
Since I’ve been away from my blog for three days, when I came back, I found 139 spam comments to delete. I recently added a spam plugin and then I found out that it was blocking comments from other lovely bloggers as spam. I immediately deleted the plugin. After I had to delete 139 more spam comments, I added a new one. I hope nobody gets blocked when they try to leave a comment! Please let me know if you have any problems leaving comments. If you have any suggestions for me, I’m open to anything! Now, here is the recipe for Cream Cheese Pear Bars. You NEED to try them. Let me know how you liked them!
Linking up with:
Recipe Adapted from A Spoonful of Everything
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) bar cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix crumbs, sugar and butter together and press into bottom of 8-inch square pan.
- Bake on 350 degrees F for 6-8 minutes.
- Let Cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Pour mixture evenly over crust.
- Arrange pears on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle sugar and nutmeg over pears.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack and then refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.